Dec 23, 2012

Starting the Count Down

Hi Friends,

this is just a quick post to show you how I've been getting everything ready for Christmas.
These days I have been busy playing around with several things:

First, I wanted to turn my favorite cupcake recipes into Christmas cupcakes, so I decided to make Mini Christmas Tree Cupcakes!!! Delicious and perfect for Christmas dessert!

They are Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream (a simple recipe in order to make a whole bunch of them for Christmas).
I added some green color to the buttercream to resemble tiny trees, sprinkles as ornaments and I made a White Chocolate star which I placed just above all.
Second, I made also a whole bunch of easy and quick Christmas cards to send to my family and friends. They are easy to send because they don't have to much embellishments or things that may end loose through the travel :) However, I think they are vey cute!

Supplies: Penny Black stamps, Copics, Digital sentiments, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Distress Ink, The Paper Studio Patterned Paper, Sleight bells.
At last but not least I made my own Door Wreath!!! As i live in a flat I didn't wanted to put in my front door so I hang it above the doors between the entrance and the living room as a way to welcome everyone.



It was my first time so it was so much fun to make and to design ... although due to this project I think I have become a little bit obsessed with pom pom!! I started making all the other elements like the felt flowers, or the rolled fabrics flowers, the snowflake, ribbon made candy canes and the Merry Christmas tag with the Sleight Bells, but I didn't know what to add to cover all the little gaps between them. So I thought that covering them with pom pom will be a good idea. And that is! I love them!! And there are a lot of different range of colors and sizes... just wonderful! 



I hope you are enjoying these days as much as I do or even more!! And remember to add some cute pom pom to your projects!

Hugs, 

Boo

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Merry Christmas
Challenge #9 :: Anything Goes + Red
Divas by Design Challenge: Anything Goes 
Totally Gorjuss: Easy Does it

No comments:

Post a Comment