Jan 2, 2014

I love you more than ice cream

(texto en español al final de la entrada)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I know it has been a while since my last post but I got busier and busier during these weeks. You know how busy can the Holiday season get (too much excitement with the decoration, seeing all your family and friends, and buying a pile of presents for everyone) and also with all the things going on at my lab (experiments, conferences and trips to Germany),. But I think I am ready to start with a series of post s that I edited this past weekend.

So, today I wanted to share with you this simple layout that a made a few weeks ago with a bunch of leftovers from other projects.


For the background I used a leftover piece of fabric which had a huge hole in the middle. To cover it I placed on top two pieces of plain cardstock from a Studio Calico Card kit that I bought some while ago.



Then, I started playing with bits of paper, and when I finished,  I placed my photo on top of it. I couldn't resist adding that cute little camera clip. Isn't it the cutest clip ever? Some velum embellishments and wood veneers completed the right side of the photo.


I also used some mint feathers and enamel dots on the left top corner of the photo. The red-pink washi tape gives a pop of color to the whole mint-beige page. I also added some red-pink enamel dots on the opposite side of the page to make it more coherent.


I finished the page by first adding the title right on top of the fabric (decorated with a mint folded ribbon); and second, by writing my journaling next to the photo.

Simple, right?

xoxo

Boo

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hola!

Ultimamente he estado muy ocupada debido a todo los experimentos que tengo que llevar a cabo estos días en el laboratorio, conferencias y viajes a Alemania por trabajo, a parte de todo lo que conlleva por si estas fechas: que si la decoración, que si las comidas o cafés con la familia y los amigos, que si las compras de los regalos para el Olentzero y los Reyes...., buff Pero creo poco a poco iré retomando el ritmo y os iré presentado unos post en los que he estado trabajando este último fin de semana. 

Así que, hoy quería enseñaos este layout que hice hace unas semanas con material que me había sobrado de unos proyectos anteriores.

Para la base he empleado una tela que tenía un agujero en medio. Así que lo he cubierto con dos cartulinas lisas que tenía de un Card kit de Studio Calico de hace algún tiempo (me lo compre por los sellos por eso no había ni usado las cartulinas jeje)

Después empece a jugar con diferentes trozo de papel que me habían sobrado, y coloqué mi fotografía encima. No pude resistirme a utilizar ese clip con forma de cámara. ¿No es el clip más mono del mundo? En el lado derecho de la foto también añadí unas formas de papel de cebolla y unos wood venners. Para completar el lado izquierdo, empleé unas plumas también de color mint y unos enamel dots.

The red-pink washi tape gives a pop of color to the whole mint-beige page. I also added some red-pink enamel dots on the opposite side of the page to make it more coherent.
I finished the page by first adding the title right on top of the fabric (decorated with a mint folded ribbon); and second by writing my journaling next to the photo.

Simple, ¿verdad?

xoxo

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment