Aug 5, 2014

Oh hello love

Hi there,

Just sharing today the first layout that I made with the Penny Arcade Scrapbooking kit and a couple of add-ons by Studio Calico. I haven't finished yet using the kits from previous months but I couldn't wait to dig into these one! What I love the most about these, is the wide range of embellishment's type. 


Only with a quick look at my page you can see of what I am talking about ;) ... those cute banners, the wood veneer phrases and numbers, the diamond chipboards, the doily, the rub-ons of gold stars,the puffy stickers ... and as always their fabulous stamps.



For the design I was inspired by the Studio Calico Sunday Sketch from a couple of weeks ago; which you can find here. I love how they choose a page from the DT gallery and challenge you to use it as a start point from your own creations. Which is great for me right now! I can hardly find time to scrap this summer so these challenges make everything much easier and faster, as I already start with an idea in mind and with the perfect kit to create it.


From there, the whole page came together really fast. I love the soft/dreamy color palette that I used, although it is a bit more girlie that what I am more used to but I like it anyways! And I think it combines perfectly well with the family portrait, don't you think?


xoxo
Boo

///////////////////

Hola,
Hoy me paso por aquí muy rápido para compartir la primera página que he creado con el kit de Scrapbooking de Studio Calico Penny Arcade junto con alguno de sus kits adicionales. Todavía no he terminado de utilizar los kits de los meses anteriores, pero no me pude resistir a adelantarme y empezar a usar este. Lo que más me gusta acerca de los kits de este mes, es la amplia gama de adornos presentes en ellos. 

Sólo con una rápida mirada a mi página podeis ver de lo que estoy hablando ;) ... esas banderas tan monas, esas frases de madera y los numeros, las pegatinas variadas, los rombos con letterpress dorado, los rub-ons de estrellas doradas... y como siempre sus fabulosos sellos.

Para el diseño me inspiré en el Sketch del domingo de Studio Calico de hace un par de semanas el cual podéis encontrar aquí. Me encanta que elijan una página de la galería de DT y te reten a usarlo como punto de partida para nuestras propias creaciones. Este verano, me esta costando encontrar tiempo para escrapear por lo que estos desafíos hacen que todo sea mucho más fácil y más rápido, ya que parto con una idea en mente y con un kit perfecto para tomar el relevo.

A partir de ahí, la página vino rodada. Me encanta la paleta de colores suaves / de ensueño que he usado, aunque es un poco más femenina que de costumbre, ¡me gusta de todos modos! Y creo que combina perfectamente con el retrato de la familia, ¿no os parece?

xoxo

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment