Jul 19, 2013

Life lessons a & little notes

Hello!

Today I wanted to share a kind of different project: a book to keep some notes for my future me and my future family :) But this is not a common book... this is actually a wood box decorated as a book!! Ok. I had to admit that it was easy to come to this idea as it was already shaped like a book... but isn't it cute?



I had these wonderful fabric papers from one of the first collections of Dear Lizzy and I couldn't have imagined a better way to use them. They are perfect to decorated the wood box, such lovely designs. I also had some nice pieces from the latest collection of Dear Lizzy. The envelope chipboard matches perfectly the design that I had in mind. And I love the texture that the rose ribbon gives to the cover.




As I said before my intention is to use it to keep some LIFE LESSONS & LITTLE NOTES. Just some good lessons or quotes that I would love to discover once in a while.



Here you can see the inside of the box.  It has the perfect size for 4x6 cards. And I have already place a few cards inside. Love it!!



In the next photo you can appreciate a close up of the side of the book. I colored the fabric feathers from Studio Calico to match the color palette of the fabric papers. I added the finishing touch with the cute wood veneer also from Studio Calico that says Quoted... perfect!


I hope you like this idea and that you decide to create something like this. Are you ready to keep notes for the future you? ;)

xoxo 

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment