Jul 15, 2013

Journey

Hello,

Today I wanted to share another layout from our last trip to Scotland. For this one I chose one of my favorite collections right now: The Atlantic collection from Studio Calico. It is perfect to document some adventures on the north cost of Scotland.


To be able to play with multiple papers and designs, I worked with a recurrent shape all over the page: triangles, as the last time I played with circles. This one was really fun too. I didn't measure anything but I like how it turned out. And I love how they resemble the sails of a boat.


I also added some other accents and embellishments as the cute frame from the same collection and the little boat. I wanted to add that car veneer as we took a road trip to see all that side of the island. It was pretty awesome to drive on the other side of the road ;)


As you may already appreciate, I didn't add this time a big tittle with alphabet thickers or stickers. I tried to make the photo (combined with the triangles) the main focus of the page. Besides, this week on the Studio Calico Blog Maggie Holmes and Amanda Caves challenged us to use our writing. It says: We live in a wonderful world full of beauty, charm and adventure... there is no end to the adventures we can have if we only seek them with our eyes open... That is what a journey means to me...

I love how my hand writing gives an extra special and unique touch to my projects. It really makes it more personal. I like it so much that I will challenge me to add more and more writing on my next project to document my own sentiments or experiences.



xoxo

Boo

2 comments: