Feb 7, 2014

Ain't no mountain high enough

Hello,

It is funny how sometimes you just have all well planned on your head before starting a new page (the sketch, the title, the colors, the embellishments...) and sometimes you just have...well, at least a photo. Ok. This page was one of the second ones. It was really fun creating it, following the flow of my imagination and letting the photo speaks for itself.


Because the page is focused on our day trip to the Pasagarri mountain, I decided to play with some tree wood veneers, cork and buttons, and natural colors (some greens, earth colors and blues) mixed with some white and pastel colors. To contrast those I couldn't resist using some pink, because you know, it is pretty. hehe


I created this page again with some leftovers from previous projects. As you can appreciate I mainly used stripes of patterned paper and some circles as well. 


Have you spotted that cork-like stripe of paper? It is one inch wide and have you already guess from where I took it from? Well, have you already noticed how many paper stripes do you obtain from cutting the background papers to back it up with other ones? So, I thought of recycling some of them in some of my projects, I have throwing again so much paper.


Those who have followed me from the beginning would probably know already how much I love to use song lyrics to make my titles. I bet there are hundred of lyrics perfect for any type of page. It is so much fun to use them. Do you remember that song from Marvin Gaye? I thought it would be funny to use it on this page. (listen to it here)


See you soon!

xoxo

Boo

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hola,

Es curioso cómo a veces tienes todo bien planeado en la cabeza antes de comenzar una nueva página (el boceto, el título, los colores, los adornos ... ) y, a veces sólo tienes... bueno, al menos una foto. Ok. Esta página fue uno de los segundos. Fue muy divertido crearla, siguiendo el flujo de mi imaginación y dejar que la foto hablara por sí misma.

Para esta página centrada en nuestra excursión de día al monte Pasagarri, decidí jugar con un poco de chapas de madera en forma de árbol, corcho y botones, y algunos colores naturales (varios verdes, colores tierra y azules) mezclado con blancos y colores pastel. Para contrastarlos no pude resistir  la tentación de usar color rosa, porque ya sabes, es bonito. jeje
He creado esta página de nuevo con algunas sobras de proyectos anteriores. Como se puede apreciar usé principalmente tiras de papel  y algunos círculos también.
¿Te has fijado en esa tira de papel de corcho? Es de una pulgada de ancho... ¿adivináis de donde la he sacado? Bueno, ya has notado cómo muchas tiras de papel se desperdician al cortar los extremos para poner un papel debajo. Así que un día pensé en el reciclaje de alguno de esos fragmentos como parte de mis proyectos ya que odio tirar tanto papel .
Los que me han seguido desde el principio probablemente ya sabéis lo mucho que me encanta usar letras de canciones para crear mis títulos. Apuesto a que hay cientos de letras perfectas para cualquier tipo de página. Es una técnica muy divertida de usar. ¿Te acuerdas de esa canción de Marvin Gaye? Pensé que sería perfecta para el tema de esta página. (puedes escucharla aquí)

¡Hasta pronto !

xoxo

Boo

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I had pictures done with my kids and wanted to do a layout based on this song since I sing it to them all the time. I found this and fell in love with it. I'm a novice scrapbooker, so it'll be some effort to pull it off. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete