Mar 24, 2014

Silly faces (2 pages)

Happy Monday!

How is Spring treating you already? Here in Bilbao it is still difficult to tell if we are already in Spring or still in Winter. But looking to the calendar makes me so very happy because the Summer is getting closer and closer. Hooray!! 

Anyways, today I am here with two new pages that I made recently. I love to make silly faces (so does my boyfriend) and I love to scrap those photos because they are fun, innocent, sometimes super freak but for me the most important thing is that they kind of show how truly a person is. It may sound ridiculous, right? But I don't know I like to document those kind of moments.


So for the first page I chose a few photos of me and I decided to make a 3x3 grid design with them. But instead of using 9 photos I took only 6 of them and I filled the gaps with stamping. I should have done this with gold embossing to make it pop a little bit more. But I just recently got my embossing gun (another birthday present) so I couldn't try this when I made this page but I will remember that for the next time. 

The stamps are from the incredible Lindsay Letters. A friend of mine bought them for me in the States and send them to me here in Spain as they do not ship internationally. Pity! They are gorgeous and they added one extra stamp for free as well! Lucky me! I completed the page with leftovers from the Sugar Rush kits by Studio Calico and  a couple of things from my stash like the star wood veneer or the camera stamp by Amy Tangerine.


Once again I mainly used mint/aqua gold/kraft and white color for this page. I am REALLY enjoying this color combo seriously!! But this time I decided to add a pop of yellow and red as well to make it more girlie.


Keeping in mind the same idea and techniques and the color combo, I created the second page. A while ago I created another kind of male page (find it in here). A lot of people told that they love it as sometimes it can get a little bit difficult to find a male page out there.


So I decided to star this one the same way as the other time, with a black and white background. I don't mean that to make a boys page you have to use black. But I don't know as I normally create very colorful pages and using black becomes always a challenge as well, I tend to mix both challenges as the same time.  

Then, I placed the photos of my boyfriend making silly faces and after that I added mint/aqua, kraft and white elements. I love how the vibrant colors contrast with the dark cardstock.


I also tried to use some leftovers from the March kit by Biscuit Project and the Sugar Rush kits again. I just played with them and try different arrangements until I found the perfect one for me.



xoxo

Boo

/////////////////////////////

¡Feliz Lunes!

¿Cómo os está tratando la primavera? Aquí en Bilbao todavía es difícil saber si ya estamos en primavera o aún en invierno. Pero mirar el calendario me pone muy feliz porque el verano está cada día más y mas cerca. ¡Siiiii!

De todas formas, hoy estoy aquí con dos nuevas páginas que hice recientemente. Me encanta hacer muecas (cosa que le encanta también a mi novio) y me encanta escrapear esas fotos porque son divertidas, inocentes, a veces super frikis pero para mí lo más importante es que muestran cómo verdaderamente es una persona. Puede sonar ridículo, ¿verdad ? Pero no sé, me gusta documentar ese tipo de fotos.

Así que para la primera página elegí algunas fotos de mí y me decidí a hacer un diseño de cuadrícula de 3x3 con ellas. Pero en lugar de utilizar 9 fotos cogí sólo 6  y rellene los huecos con sellos. Debería haber hecho esto con la técnica del embossing para hacer que resaltara un poco más. Pero hace poco me dieron la herramienta necesaria para hacer eso (otro regalo de cumpleaños), así que no pude probarla en el momento en el que hice esta página, pero lo recordaré para la próxima vez.

Los sellos son de la increíble Lindsay Lettters. Una amiga mía me los compró en Estados Unidos y me los envió a mí aquí en España, ya que no envían internacionalmente. ¡Lástima! Son magníficos y además añadieron un sello extra en el paquete gratis también. ¡Qué suerte la mía! Completé la página con las sobras de los kits de Sugar Rush de Studio Calico y un par de cosas que tenía por ahí como la chapa de madera en forma de estrella o el sello con forma de cámara de Amy Tangerine .

Una vez más he usado principalmente los colores turquesa/aqua dorado/ kraft y color blanco para esta página. Estoy disfrutando mucho de esta combinación de colores en serio. Pero esta vez he decidido añadir un toque de amarillo, rosa y rojo, así para que sea más femenino.

Teniendo en mente la misma idea, las técnicas y la combinación de colores, he creado la segunda página. Hace unos meses creé otro página para chicos (podéis encontrarlo aquí) y como todo el mundo me dijo que les encantó y que a veces puede ser un poco difícil encontrar una página masculino por ahí, he decidido compartir esta.

Así que me decidí a comenzar con esta al igual que empecé la otra vez: con un fondo blanco y negro. No quiero decir que para hacer una página de chicos tienes que usar negro, pero no sé como lo hago que normalmente creo páginas muy coloridos y usar negro es siempre una especie de desafío también para mí que tiendo a usarlo en paginas dedicadas a chicos.

Entonces puse algunas fotos con muecas de mi novio y después de eso añadí nuevamente turquesa/aqua kraft y elementos blancos. Me encanta cómo los vibrantes colores contrastan con la cartulina oscura. También traté de utilizar algunas sobras del kit de marzo de Biscuit Project y de los kits de Sugar Rush, probando diferentes disposiciones hasta que encontré la colocación perfecta para mí.

xoxo

Boo

2 comments:

  1. loving these pages - the angle on the second one is VERY interesting and really eye-catching! the first one - the color combo IS fantastic (no wonder you've used it often!). love these! thanks so much for joining our linky party at Paper Issues! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! these are two of my all time favorites for sure xoxo

      Delete