Mar 20, 2014

Get the most of your Scrapbooking kits (Sugar Rush part 2)

Hello again,

as I promised I am here today to share two more layouts made with the Sugar Rush kits from Studio Calico. Last time I show you some travel related pages. Now it is time to share some celebration pages. As I said previously, I think this reveal was mainly focused on Valentine's day so of course I had to make a page related to this with the main color combo. pink, red and white.

So, this is my page:


If somebody ask me which was my favorite item from the kit I will say the chunky Hearts. They are incredibly pretty!!! I will use them all the time for sure. ;) So for a Valentine's page I couldn't resist using a bunch of them inside a huge die-cut heart. I also added those wood veneer hearts (which were part of the PL kit) as they match perfectly well the other hearts. I love adding some texture to a plain background with repeated stamping. You can always try different patterns and colors and obtain unique backgrounds.




Today's second page documents the other celebrations that we spend together on our trip to Mexico: our birthdays! Yaaaay! We are lucky enough to share the same birthday week (mine is on the 27th and his is on the 25th of February). As I bought the PL kit and I didn't want to left the whole stack of PL cards inside the box, totally unused, I came up with this idea.


That pink cake card was perfect for this project. But as it is a girl-boy page, I tried to add some mint and kraft elements to contrast that pink. But in the end I think that the pinky spots are the most eye-catching. Well, at least I tried ;) That calendar card was the perfect match to this project as well.  I really like the idea of using PL cards on a layout. I have to remember this in the future.



xoxo

Boo

//////////////////////////////////

Hola de nuevo,

como prometí, estoy de vuelta para compartir dos diseños más elaborados con los kits Sugar Rush de Studio Calico. El otro día os enseñe algunas páginas relacionadas con viajar. Hoy es el turno de compartir un par de paginas de celebración. Como mencioné anteriormente, el kit parecía centrarse en el día de San Valentín, así que qué mejor oportunidad para realizar una página acerca de este día y usar por supuesto la  combinación de colores principal del kit: rosa-rojo y blanco.

Esta es mi página:
Si alguien me preguntara cuál ha sido mi elemento preferido del kit diría que los corazones tan monos de plástico. Son increíblemente bonitos, ¿verdad? Me daban ganas de usarlos en todo ;) Así que no pude resistirse a añadir un montón de ellos en el interior de un corazón gigante recortado. Esos corazones de madera eran parte del kit PL y que combinan perfectamente con los otros corazones. Me encanta añadir un poco de textura a un fondo liso con repetidas sellos. Siempre puedes probar diferentes modelos y colores.

La segunda página de hoy documenta las otras celebraciones que hemos tenido durante el viaje  y hemos podido compartir juntos: ¡nuestros cumpleaños! ¡Síii! Tenemos la suerte de compartir la misma semana de cumpleaños (el mío es el 27 y el suyo el 25 de febrero). Ya que compré el kit PL, no quería dejar olvidadas todas las tarjetas del kit asi que se  me ocurrió esta idea.
Esa tarjeta con la tartita y las velas era perfecto para este proyecto. Pero como era muy rosita, muy femenina traté de añadir un poco de turquesa y elementos kraft ya que también era su cumple. Pero al final creo que los rosas ​​siguen resultando lo más llamativo. Bueno, al menos lo intenté ;) Esa tarjeta del calendario fue el complemento perfecto para este página también. Me gusta mucho esta idea de usar tarjetas de PL en un layout. Tengo que recordar esto para páginas futuras. 

xoxo

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment