Feb 9, 2015

Love this

Hello,

I hope you had a lovely weekend. I spent most of mine scrapping at home while outside was pouring and snowing. And you know, with this weather, after a long week and a previous weekend exploring Madrid, it felt right to stay home for a while. It was pretty fun as I already had tons of ideas before I actually sat down but it was also kind of challenging at first. It always feels that way whenever I don't scrap for a while. I guess is one of those things that the most you practice the better, don't you think?

So, this was the first page I made (I ended up creating 3 and a mini album, so proud of myself). As you may already noticed, this one was inspired by the awesome Wilna Furstenberg. I love how she incorporates mix media and art elements to the layouts in such a pretty but easy way. First, I cut the paint splatters with my Silhouette Portrait and then I painted them with acrylic paint. I chose the green palette so it will match my niece's clothes. She is starting to show interest in painting and playing with stickers and so. So cute! To continue with this theme, I added a few embellishments related to crafts as the pencils, brush, scissors and the rule. And done!





xoxo

Boo

//////////////////

Hola,

Espero que hayáis tenido un buen fin de semana. Yo he pasado la mayor parte del mío escrapeando en casa al calorcito mientras fuera llovía y/o nevaba. Y ya sabéis, con este tiempo, después de una semana de duro trabajo y de un fin de semana anterior explorando Madrid, tenía ganas de quedarme en casa por un tiempo. Fue muy divertido, ya tenía un montón de ideas antes incluso de sentarme pero también me costó un poco comenzar. Siempre me pasa lo mismo cada vez que no escrapeo durante un tiempo. Supongo que es una de esas cosa cuanto más practicas mejor, ¿no creéis?

Esta es la primera página que hice (acabé creando 3 y un mini álbum, super orgullosa de mí misma). Como ya habréis notado, me inspiré en el impresionante Wilna Furstenberg. Me encanta cómo incorpora mix media y elementos artísticos a las páginas de una manera tan bonita pero a la vez tan sencilla. En primer lugar, recorté las salpicaduras de pintura con mi Silhouette y luego los pinté con pintura acrílica. Elegí la paleta de verdes para que fuera a juego con la ropa de mi sobrina. Está empezando a mostrar interés por la pintura y a jugar con pegatinas y así. Tan mona... Para continuar con este tema, he añadido algunos adornos relacionados con las manualidades como los lápices, pincel, tijeras y la regla. ¡Y listo!

xoxo

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment