Jul 11, 2013

Edinburgh castle

Hello,

Today I am sharing a really fun project about our visit to the Edinburgh Castle in Scotland. I really enjoyed the visit and we were so lucky with the weather that we could wear shorts and skirt!!

So, I chose a very bright and happy color palette: yellow, cream-wood and green. I do not normally go with greens in my layouts so this kind of a challenge to me. 

About the sketch, I totally found the inspiration in one of the latest Elisabeth Kartchner's In the Mood to Scrap videos at 2 peas in a bucket. I love how she used round photos and how it totally allows you to play with a unique sketch for multiple photos. When I scrapbooking my travels, sometimes I love to add a lot of photos in just one layout. Because I just can't decide which is my favorite one to document that concrete moment or travel. 

The challenge was also to make your own accents with circles and I had so much fun with this two circles. I love them!!! I specially like the one above because of the cute camera (from Amy Tangerine), the ribbons and the wood veneer phrase. Explore...that is exactly what we did that day, we explored every single place in the castle. And as you can imagine we took tons of photos. :P

The Hello one was very simple to create. By coincidence, I printed my photos with the same size of this cute die-cut from the Lucky Charm collection from Dear Lizzy. So, I couldn't resist to use it. Then I just added some details here and there keeping the same color combination.


The background paper from Hey Day (Studio Calico) makes a great contrast to the white cardstock. I like the circles on it which really combine with the round photos and accents of the rest of the page. Don't you think?

This was a really fun technique to document this awesome moment of our travel to Scotland! I hope you try it out too!!

xoxo

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment