Aug 14, 2013

My fave!

Good morning everyone!
Ready for another page to express my love for this city? Hope so! Austin. Such a special place for me. Just everything I want to be... But sadly, I will have to wait a little bit more to see you again... Meanwhile, I will remember you by making this pretty pages. yaaaaay! 




When I started this project, I didn't know the sketch or simply where I wanted to place my photo. The only thing that I knew is the look I wanted to create. I love soft colors, party/celebration elements and everything happy! :)  So I started picking cute embellishments from my stash and cutting some pieces of the beautiful papers from Dear Lizzy. I adore all her collections and they have become pretty much my basic for a lot of pages.


To contrast the bright elements I picked these lovely cork alphas to spell my title. Besides, I create this city scenario out of a paper by Amy Tangerine Yes, please collection. A little tip: add a lot of layers with 3D adhesives to make it more fun! 
Once I had all this set up, the page come together very easily. A cute die-cut on the top left corner with just the perfect sentiment; a pinwheel, hearts and some colorful stickers on the right side; and a cute happy banner to join the two sides.


All these things reminds me of Austin, such a happy little moments lived there. Austin has a great hippie spirit, and for those who don't know this city, South Congress is just the perfect place to get the feeling (the area where the photo was took). That's why added the feathers too ;) They always make me think of my hippie side.



I love how the speechbuble comes out of the cityline! don't you like it too?  It combines very well with the fun/carnival look of the page and the vintage photo wall. 


Greetings from Austin, Capitol of Texas!!
xoxo
Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment