Nov 28, 2013

Accidentally in love

Hello!

This is my third post of the week! Yaaaay!! I can't believe it, as I have been working a lot lately. However I feel like lately I have been organizing my time a lot better. Because it seems I can find time for everything! Although at 10 pm I feel totally exhausted... It's a crazy time in the year, I guess!

Today I want to show you what I came up with after seeing this month's Kits de Somni Color Challenge.


The palette of colors is so pretty and bright that I could't resist creating a layout based on this. It remind me of the Fall season without all the reds and brownish colors. What do you think?


So, I started with a basic Digital Sketch from Studio Calico from a few months ago. This one really caught my eye with the splatters and the photo shape. 


I also added the sentiment following the sketch. I chose one of my favorite songs of all time: Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows. I think it is from the Soundtrack of Shrek 2. I just love the lyrics, they always cheer me up and make me smile.


After that, I printed the layout and added some blue cardstock as a background. As they were to plain and I didn't want to use any patterned paper (the white cardstock was bold enough) I played with some white splatters here and there to make it coordinate with the splashes from the digital sketch.



To finish the page I added some orange embellishments; mainly vellum die-cuts. I combined them with some wood veneers and with a few stamping.


Thanks for watching and I leave you here the link to listen to this awesome song that inspired my layout.

xoxo

Boo


No comments:

Post a Comment